Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Sake II

I love Japanese food, both hibachi and sushi, which is why I'm so glad I discovered Sake II last year. (FYI don't click the link if you're in class or the library and your volume is on...their website plays music!) Sake II is located on E 187th, roughly 5 blocks from Fordham's gates. Just like I did with Simon's Deli, I'm going to make a pros and cons list for Sake II.


Pros:
1. It's real sushi...and you can even choose what goes into it.
    I don't know about you, but sushi from the caf really doesn't cut it. You can only put vegetables in it and the seaweed is on the outside. The premade sushi from the Grille or the Deli is nice if you like those kinds of rolls, and if they're in stock that day. I miss the days when the Ramskeller was still around and you could make whatever roll you wanted.
2. It's cheap. Most rolls are around $3.00 and the hibachi dinners (which come with soup, salad, vegetables and fried rice) range from $9.00-$13.00. They also have lunch specials everyday until 4:00pm.
3. They deliver to campus AND you can place your order online. 
   I just find it easier to place the order online and pay online with a credit card, this way you don't have to deal with misunderstandings over the phone. It's all typed up, making it less likely that you'll get a screwed up order.
4. The food just tastes good!
   I really wasn't expecting to like Sake II as much as I do. The food was so cheap I figured it must not be that great, but it definitely surpassed my expectations.


Cons:
1. You can't use flex dollars (damn you real world!) like you could if you were getting sushi on campus.
2. The delivery time is quite slow. Occassionally they'll surprise you and be at your door in about 20 minutes, but more often than not you'll be waiting 30-45 minutes for an order.
3. You have to spend $10.00 in order for them to deliver, which given their low prices may be hard to do if you're ordering sushi for one.


So if you're craving sushi or hibachi (which I definitely do at least once a month) and you haven't found a Fordham substitute to your sushi place from home, I definitely recommend you try Sake II. It's close to campus, so you could walk there for lunch with some friends, or you could always just order it to your dorm/apartment. The quality is great and the prices are low, what more could a broke college student living off Sodexo ask for? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment