Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Cooking Adventures with Guy Fieri



Last week my friends & I decided to have some fun with burgers with a little help from Food Network star, Guy Fieri. My boyfriend & I had previously seen an episode of his cooking show where he made inside out burgers so we wanted to try it out for ourselves. It's easier to have Guy explain it to you as he does it, so here's the clip from his show!



I stuffed mine with bacon & mozzarella cheese. My friend had bacon, mozzarella & onion in hers. My boyfriend & our other friend stuffed theirs with bacon, mozzarella, onion & peppers. If should be noted that when making the two halves of the burgers you shouldn't make two full sized patties, or you'll end up with a wambo burger like my friend.

Stuffing the burgers with bacon.
My friend's completed burger with bacon,
mozzarella, onion & pepper inside,
and tomato & lettuce on top.











To accompany our delicious inside out burgers, we used my boyfriends deep frier to make double-fried french fries (yet another idea taken from Guy Fieri). The trick is to fry the potatoes once, take them out & let them cool, and then fry them again to make them extra crispy. If you don't have a deep frier you can always pour a bit of oil into a regular pan (enough to coat the bottom & then some) and heat that up enough to fry your potatoes in there! It's almost the exact same as using a deep frier, just a bit more difficult to do. 

 








Get creative with the "toppings" for your inside out burger! Be daring with your cheeses & test out different combinations of flavors. Stuff your burgers to your heart's content, cook your fries to a crispy gold brown & enjoy :)



No comments:

Post a Comment