Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Simon's Deli

When my boyfriend and I are too tired, lazy or busy to cook, we usually look to Simon's Deli for an easy take-out dinner solution. It's on the corner on Arthur Ave, right across the street from Mugz. Most people already know about it and have probably been there or ordered from it, but in case you haven't here are some pros and cons...


Pros:
1. The salad never has any brown pieces in it.
    I don't know about anyone else, but I almost always get some brown lettuce in my salads from The Grill.
2. For $7 you get a small salad (it's only $8 for the large), with unlimited toppings AND a bottle of water.
    The salad at The Grille is really big, but your toppings are limited (although I'm not sure the cashiers would know/care if you got extras), and you have to buy your drink separately.
3. For less than $8 you get any of their sandwiches on a hero, a small bag of chips and a bottle of water or can of soda.
4. With the unfortunate closing of Munchiez, Simon's is the next best thing because it's open late on most nights and the "Chubby Subbys" are close substitutes to the "Fat Sandwiches."
5. They always have special deals and raffles going on - follow them on Twitter!


Chicken from the Dirty South on a hero
Two small salads










Cons:
1. You can't use flex dollars at Simon's, so it costs real money.
2. You have to spend at least $10 if you want to use a credit card.
3. One of the employees tends to screw up orders (unless it's just me and for some reason my order confuses him).
4. I've never gotten Simon's delivered, but I've heard that they are very slow.


So if you're looking to avoid Sodexo for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or late at night, Simon's is definitely a great option. Their food tastes good, they have a lot of healthy options, they are reasonably priced and they are close to school =)

2 comments:

  1. the food is great but it is the worst service

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea pretty much. But when I went in there yesterday I noticed a sign telling you to call Simon to report any problems with service! So at least they're going to start trying to improve

      Delete